An industrial sweeper is a wheeled machine designed to remove debris, coarse dirt and dust from the floor.
Through the action of a rotating brush (one, or more than one), or through the combination of brush(es) + vacuum cleaner, a sweeper removes dry dirt from the ground, collecting it in an on-board waste container.
INDUSTRIAL FLOOR SWEEPERS: MAIN CATEGORIES
Sweepers for professional use can be classified into categories according to different perspectives:
- A first distinction concerns the width of the cleaning path. Multiplied by the feed speed, this parameter determines the productivity of the machine, i.e. the square meters of clean that can be cleaned in one hour of work.
- Another criterion for classifying sweepers is the division into walk behind machines, for the use of which the operator walks behind them, or ride on floor machines, with car-like operation.
- Depending on the drive system, sweepers can be manual (they are moved by the push exerted by the operator), electrically driven (particularly suitable for all enclosed spaces), or powered by petrol, diesel or LPG.
- Other features. There are sweeping machines with different functions, which can be activated manually, electronically or by an hydraulic systems. The most common features consist in the activation of side brushes, auxiliary vacuum systems and discharge systems, on the ground or at height.
- Sweepers for road use and combo cleaning machines (for both sweeping and washing) are included in a separate category. The former, subject to regulations, must necessarily be approved for driving on public land. The latter, which are mainly used for the daily cleaning of more dusty than dirty environments, are characterized by combining all the main features of a sweeping machine with those of a scrubber dryer.
DISCOVER THE EUREKA RANGE OF PROFESSIONAL SWEEPERS!
The complete range includes 7 models, from the compact and environmentally friendly Picobello sweeper to the ride on floor sweeper Eureka BULL 200, for larger spaces.
In total, we offer over 11 versions of industrial sweepers, with a productivity of up to 30,000 m²/hour. A wide range of push sweepers and industrial sweepers are offered to solve different and specific cleaning needs, depending on the contexts of use.
Eureka professional power sweepers include two subcategories of cleaning products:
- Walk-behind motor sweepers;
- Industrial ride-on sweepers for high performance.
WALK BEHIND SWEEPERS (ALSO KNOWN AS PEDESTRIAN OR TRAILING SWEEPERS)
The operator pushes the machine (in the case of manual sweepers) or controls it by means of a pull lever (in the case of automatic machines). They are economical industrial sweepers, simple to use and service. Handy in narrow spaces, they are usually recommended for up to 4-5000 square meters surfaces.
RIDE ON FLOOR SWEEPERS
These are larger sweepers, driven by an operator sitting on them. Their main features a wide sweeping path, a higher operating speed and large waste containers. Such industrial sweepers (Eureka's largest one is the model Bull 200) are usually recommended for cleaning large floor areas, exceeding 4-5000 m².